about     shop     contact         

Thursday, January 2, 2014

How to Wear Track Pants to Work



Happy New Year! How are the resolutions going? If I were to grade myself on my resolutions, I'd probably give myself a C+. My blog and fitness are two of my top priorities and yesterday I didn't blog or go to the gym. However, I'm currently writing this blog post from the gym {happy dance}! 

One of my goals for Corporate Catwalk is to give my readers more valuable information. Like today's post, I'm going to try and give you ideas on how to wear pieces to work and your everyday life. Hopefully you'll find the information valuable, especially when you're getting ready in the morning and/ or out shopping.  

On today's post I'm wearing one of my favorite outfits to work. When I first wore this outfit I questioned where I could wear this outfit; to work...yes, to a business meeting...yes, to a customer meeting...yes. The reason this outfit works is because the track pants and blouse are not too baggy or too tight. The trick with drawstring track pants is finding the right material and fit. These pants are from Express and perfect for the office. As for color, I'd recommend sticking to solid colors like black and grey. Other deep hues of blue, green and burgundy would also be appropriate for the office. Since drawstring track pants are already casual, stay away from bright colors. Also, try and steer clear of stripes down the side of the pant leg. Here's an example of white track pants with a black stripe down the side, but not really appropriate for work.

Moving onto the blouse...which goes perfectly with the pants because you can tuck it into the pants and you don't see any lines. Other neutral tops can be interchanged with the pants, which I'd recommend grey or nude heels. Sticking with a monochromatic theme also added to a polished and professional look. The entire outfit is a great alternative to the classic office suit. Oh, did I mention the comfort of this outfit?!? Closest thing to wearing your pj's to the office. 


Blouse :: Express
Pants :: Express
Heels :: Nine West loafer heels (similar here & here)
Coat :: Zara (similar here
Bag :: Coach

 Places to wear this outfit :: the office, business meetings
 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia