about     shop     contact         

Sunday, November 22, 2015

EcoTools | Exfoliating Favorites for Winter Weather

BEAUTY_0004

As much as I love all four seasons, my skin doesn’t. After living in San Francisco for five years, my hair and skin were spoiled by the moist, cool, clean air. Moving to New York City, I've seen a drastic change. My hair is dryer and gets more split ends. My face and lips are perpetually dry and need moisture throughout the day. As much as I try to drink plenty of water, I need something more. I've found the best thing for my skin is to exfoliate and moisturize daily. Luckily, I've found some great tools from EcoTools to exfoliate my skin: the EcoPoufPure Complexion Facial Sponge and the Dry Body Brush.

BEAUTY_0002

The Pure Complexion Facial Sponge is something I always wanted to try, but was unsure how this hard sponge would be on my face. If anyone has seen this sponge in stores, you probably wondered the same thing. The sponge softens with water, and works for even for the most sensitive skin. After adding water, use with your favorite facial cleaner to exfoliate your face. The sponge is made with 100% natural ingredients, including Konjac vegetable fiber, for a better clean that reveals smooth and refreshed skin. I made the mistake of leaving the sponge in my shower, so it was constantly wet and eventually fell apart. I'd highly recommend letting the sponge dry out after each use to prevent bacteria buildup and keep the sponge fresh. 

BEAUTY_0001

The Dry Body Brush is used to exfoliate and detoxify skin, improving the appearance and leaving your skin soft, smooth and glowing. Plus, the brush is so easy to use. Start with a dry brush and gently brush using long, upward strokes. Start with your legs and make your way up to your arms, always brushing in an upward motion.

Tip: an easy way to exfoliate your lips is to mix sugar and olive oil in a small plastic container. Keep in your bathroom and exfoliate your lips before bed. It helps to keep your lipstick on longer and gives you softer lips. Here's a recipe for brown sugar lip scrub

Thank you EcoTools for sponsoring today's post! 



Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia