about     shop     contact         

Friday, February 12, 2016

Casual Friday Workwear | Valentine's Day Inspired

VDAY_3

Ever wonder how to master the casual Friday look? The best piece of advice I can give anyone, is to switch out one piece from your daily workwear outfits for a casual piece from your closet. For example, in today's look I replaced my straight leg trousers for a dark denim. The outfit is still structured and appropriate for most workplaces. For more corporate offices, I'd recommend keeping your trousers and adding a bold lip color.

Ditch your oversized blazer for a more fitted blazer,  like this blush pink one from BCBGeneration. The high-low tuxedo blazer is professional, but you still looks stylish and modern. I paired the blazer with my favorite J.Crew silk cami and added nude scalloped heels for an ultra feminine look. The Chloe shoes are my new "crush" in my closet. Typically I wear my nude DVF Bethany stiletto to work. I've enjoyed switching out my skinny stilettos for a chunkier heel, making my workday a little more comfortable. These AG denim jeans I own in a few sizes, I bought this pair a size larger so I could wear them to work. When I'm at work, I don't like wearing anything snug or tight so I wanted to give myself some wiggle room. One thing I've learned is that the size of your clothes doesn't matter, it matters how they fit your body and how you feel when you're wearing the clothing. 

Hope you enjoy the look and have a wonderful three day weekend! 

Chloe Heels

Even Michelle Pfeiffer loves my new Chloe heels! 

VDAY_4
VDAY_5

I'm convinced Batman thinks he's a model. He loves when Lydia comes over to the apartment to take his photos. Front and center, all the time! 

DETAIL_1

Gorgeous blush pink backpack from Henri Bendel

VDAY_9

Big thanks to Ode a la Rose located in NYC for the beautiful red roses. The roses arrived in a large box with a small bowl filled with water to keep the flowers fresh. We often buy roses and flowers and I was impressed by the quality of the roses sent to me. To keep my roses fresh, I keep them in my fridge overnight and trim the stems every few days. The pink roses were from my husband. He likes to surprise me with flowers on Fridays or when I get back into town. 

VDAY_2

Blazer - BCBGeneration  
Cami - J.Crew (similar here)
Denim - AG
Heels - Chloe (in black & lower heel version)
Backpack - Henri Bendel c/o 
Roses fron Ode a la Rose





Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia